The following is taken from the Norfolk Archaeological Records.
"Moated site of Crancourt Manor (OS) - formerly marked as The Nunnery.
It was also known as Gramcourt, Grandcourt, or Cramcourt.
It is the site of the manor house of the Howards. By 1849 only the west front survived, which was known as the Nunnery for some reason. It was demolished in 1851, leaving only a chimney.
Visited by A Rogerson in 1974. Some medieval pot was found. Imitation gothic structure on S edge of platform.
The OS card claims the structure is a 15th century chapel, whereas the Schedule describes it as a building with lancet windows and a later chimney.
Visited by E Rose - 16 June 1981. Rectangular moat, totally overgrown. Ditches waterfilled in part but mostly marshy. Island raised up - some trees of considerable age - and overgrown with nettles. No bridge or causeway. S arm almost entirely filled with rubbish, also part of w arm. Structure is in fact on E side, despite the above references, as marked on 6in. OS Maps.
It has lost its lancet windows (unless they are covered in ivy) and consists of a rectangular room, plastered inside with carrstone outside; projections on interior N and S walls, chimney in E wall with buttressed outside; W wall missing.
Not closely datable, but no reason to assign a medieval date - perhaps 18th.century.
Archaeological Index. County No. 1062. Parish: East Winch West Norfolk.
OS Ref TF 61NE. 8 Fig. Reference 691 154 (Sic)